Who We Are
Thomas Communications has evolved into a leading provider of managed wireless communication systems in Sarasota and Manatee counties. We have put over 58 years of computer technology experience into designing, implementing and maintaining state-of-the-art wireless communication systems. Our systems utilize the latest technology to give all users a secure, stable, acceptable bandwidth flow without letting any one user or device monopolize all the available bandwidth for the complex. We monitor our systems 24/7 and are alerted to any problems immediately. By utilizing a large commercial grade Internet connection, we can help you save money every month – to the point where our systems ROI are less than 14 months (in most cases). Backed by the experts at Thomas Consulting, Thomas Communications will support all your wireless and telecommunication needs.
What We Do
We provide sales, installation, repair and maintenance on a wide variety of wireless networking devices.
Why We Are Different
We are constantly researching all the reasons why many wireless systems don’t work as planned (or promised). We have used our extensive experience in the IT world to address and correct common problems such as:
1. Users can connect to the wireless network but cannot “do anything”
2. Users can connect to the network but everything is very slow
3. Users can connect to the network, but as they move around the location (from their room/office to other parts of the complex), connections are lost
4. Connection speeds are intermittent much of the day, sometimes pretty fast, other times very slow
5. Unknown to most, the wireless network you are on is an open system, where every device can “see” every other device (even systems that require a security key)
6. The vendor who installed the original system is no longer in business
Anybody can say they are experts and not only sell you a wireless system, but also install it and promise to maintain it as well. That doesn’t mean your wireless system will work as promised, be secure, scalable or give your users optimal performance.
“We believe you have to have lived and breathed in the computer world before you can truly deliver in the wireless world.”
Wireless needs in general have changed drastically in the last 3 to 4 years. With the advent of iPads, iPhones and Smartphones, along with streaming devices like Roku, AppleTV and Xboxes, networks have to manage many more connections and devices than they may have been designed to support. Added to that are the services from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video, to name a few. Without proper knowledge and understanding of the network-side requirements for your wireless system, you are never going to have a stable and consistently running system.